Please join us this Thursday, September 1st from 5:00 - 7:00 for our Open House!
EPS New School Year Note!
The school year is underway and we wanted to take this opportunity to inform/remind you of a few things to help us keep things running efficiently and safely this school year.
- The school doors open at 7:30 AM. If your children are dropped off before this time they will not be supervised
- The Elverado Primary School will now start serving breakfast at 7:45 AM, and classes will start at 8:15 AM. Students arriving later than 8:15 AM will be counted tardy.
- Please send all lunch/milk money in a sealed envelope with your child's full name & teacher on the envelope.
- Between 2:40 – 3:15 PM each day parking is not allowed in front of the school along the red and yellow parking blocks, the parking lot or the parking lot entrance.
- Although there may not always be someone standing inside the front doors, the “Kiss and Go Zone” still exists. Visitors are not allowed past this point without office approval.
- Both late arrival and early departure are counted as “Tardy.” Multiple tardies (4) are submitted to the ROE Truancy Officer as absences.
- When the weather begins to change and temperatures decline please remember to dress your children appropriately. The general rule of thumb is that students will go outside unless the temperature is below 32 degrees or there are other contributing weather conditions.
- According to guidelines published by the Illinois Department of Public Health, students are to be free of fever or other symptoms of contagious illnesses for 24 hours before attending school.
- Be sure to call the office by 2 PM with any changes to transportation. We cannot guarantee the appropriate person will receive the message if not received by 2PM.