Elverado Excellence is Maximizing life skills in a Caring, Connected Community!
On Tuesday, September 30th, a representative from the Illinois State Board of Education came to the Elverado CUSD 196 to give a presentation on reorganization. If you would like to view the presentation, please click on a link below.
Illinois placed 16 high schools in Newsweek's recent list of 500 top high schools in the country. The magazine's list of the 500 best public high schools in the country is based on students' college readiness, graduation rates, and how many students from those schools were college-bound. Click here to read the entire article.
We have completed the first nine weeks and the students have adjusted to the daily routines of school. We wanted to take this opportunity to remind parents of a few things to help the school run efficiently and safely the remainder of the year.
· Between 2:40 – 3:15 pm each day parking isn’t allowed in front of the school along the red and yellow parking blocks, the parking lot or the parking lot entrance.
· Although there may not always be someone standing inside the front doors, the “Kiss and Go Zone” still exists. Visitors are not allowed past this point without office approval.
· Both late arrival and early departure are counted as “Tardy.” Multiple tardies (4) are submitted to the ROE Truancy Officer as absences.
· As the weather changes and temperatures decline please remember to dress your children appropriately. The general rule of thumb is that students will go outside unless the temperature is below 32 degrees or there are other contributing weather factors.
· According to guidelines published by the Illinois Department of Public Health, students are to be free of fever or other symptoms of contagious illnesses for 24 hours before attending school.